Strap / Harness for Long reach Stihl battery hedge trimmer

Please use this forum for all DIY posts that do not fit into a specific category.

Moderator: Moderators

etaf

Post by etaf »

dewaltdisney wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:25 am It is the height that needs to be mullered down and getting it down about two foot from the existing height will be a job but worth it as it will make future access so much easier.
Exactly what my B-I-Law and I discussed this morning having finished the job now
Needs to be down 2ft - which makes it level with the fence, only problem is not a lot of growth at the bottom.
Will have to look at those small chainsaw - I think i read your other post on that at around £40.
I have a stihl MS180 petrol chain saw , which i dont want to use up a ladder :) :)
Later in the year autumn I will have to look into cutting it down, as you say , little at a time

Before & after images
Scale - the 3x3 post is 6' high

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions , all very helpful
Attachments
Ley_Before.jpeg
Ley_Before.jpeg (217.97 KiB) Viewed 447 times
Ley_After.jpeg
Ley_After.jpeg (97.29 KiB) Viewed 447 times
Simple DIYer
Wayne
dewaltdisney

Post by dewaltdisney »

You got it looking neat, I can appreciate that was a job and a half. There is no need to do £40 on the mini chainsaw, you can get them for around £20 on eBay. Just accept that they are a disposable tool at that price, they do the job until they don't. I am sold on mine.

Have a break now :thumbright:

DWD

Return to “General DIY forum”