Long Reach Hedge Trimer

Please post all of your gardening questions in here and one of our green fingered members will try and help.

Moderator: Moderators

ShellDIY104
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Long Reach Hedge Trimer

Post by ShellDIY104 »

I bought this one a year ago: Milwaukee M18 FOPH-0 18V FUEL Outdoor Power Head Garden Multi-Tool With Quik-Lok which has multi tool capability including a long reach trimmer. Can't fault the trimmer and power but the weight does become an issue after 1 hour of use. I resorted in making an additional strap hook as the position of the hook that is already on the main body does a terrible job at distributing the weight. Would be a brilliant tool if they had thought more about this when designing.
etaf

Long Reach Hedge Trimer

Post by etaf »

ShellDIY104 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:46 pm I resorted in making an additional strap hook as the position of the hook that is already on the main body does a terrible job at distributing the weight. Would be a brilliant tool if they had thought more about this when designing.
i had to do the same on the Stihl , Adjustable hedge trimmer cordless - put a couple of tiewraos around the handle so i could move the strap around and balance - based on how far i had it extended
Simple DIYer
Wayne
dewaltdisney

Long Reach Hedge Trimer

Post by dewaltdisney »

I know what you mean, I have an Echo petrol pole hedge cutter. This tool is bloody heavy due to the steel shaft and even the support strap makes my neck ache as well as my arms. I have an Oregon harness for my brushcutter that distributes the weight well see https://www.screwfix.com/p/oregon-trimm ... size/6191v with this in mind I saw this https://www.gaywaysltd.co.uk/husqvarna- ... rness-p745 but never got one. It might be worth a look.

DWD
moderator2
UHM Super Moderator

Long Reach Hedge Trimer

Post by moderator2 »

Split from original 2022 thread which can be found here viewtopic.php?t=106702
dewaltdisney

Long Reach Hedge Trimer

Post by dewaltdisney »

Do not bother with the Oregon harness as I was using my pole clippers today and I tested it on the harness, it was no use as it inhibited the sweep. My arms still ached. As you were.

DWD

Return to “Gardeners World”