New Nest install Hot Water not working

Questions about central heating and boiler questions in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

ashc18688
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Nest install Hot Water not working

Post by ashc18688 »

Wiring diagram from Nest is fine, I've fitted in excess of 400 of these as a nest pro installer. More than likely the electrician has wired it up wrong in the first place and then not checked his wiring, the amount of units I have been out to because of incorrect installation from third parties is crazy.

2 and 5 are always perm Live
3 and 6 are always demand

So for heating 2 and 3 are to be used, Hot water is 4 off, 5 perm live and 6 On.

1 is not required for hot water as this only gives power when heating demand is off.

Nest wont pay a penny, they send a pro installer out to diagnose and rectify then charge you an obscene amount for your electricians f up, not worth wasting your time over.
Mighty_Genghis

Re: New Nest install Hot Water not working

Post by Mighty_Genghis »

ashc18688 wrote:Wiring diagram from Nest is fine, I've fitted in excess of 400 of these as a nest pro installer. More than likely the electrician has wired it up wrong in the first place and then not checked his wiring, the amount of units I have been out to because of incorrect installation from third parties is crazy.

2 and 5 are always perm Live
3 and 6 are always demand

So for heating 2 and 3 are to be used, Hot water is 4 off, 5 perm live and 6 On.

1 is not required for hot water as this only gives power when heating demand is off.

Nest wont pay a penny, they send a pro installer out to diagnose and rectify then charge you an obscene amount for your electricians f up, not worth wasting your time over.
Thanks ashc, I’m surprised the electrician had got it wrong as he’s massively experienced but perhaps as it’s a new system there’s bits he doesn’t know. It’s all working now so I’m loathe to get it changed so do I need to ? (It is using 1 which you’re saying isn’t needed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Return to “Central Heating & Boilers”