Worth a watch

This forum is for topics or posts that do not fit into any other forum, this includes online games such as word Association etc.

Moderator: Moderators

dewaltdisney

Worth a watch

Post by dewaltdisney »

I know many do not have Disney+ but we are watching a lot of good series on there. The first season of Big Sky was exceptional, it had a great unfolding story with lots of shocks along the way. We really enjoyed it. When I think we got this for free with my bank account it is a bargain. I would say that most we watch is streamed now and the odd broadcast programme here and there. I so begrudge paying the TV licence.

DWD
These users thanked the author dewaltdisney for the post:
Tom d'Angler (Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:40 am)
Rating: 7.14%
dewaltdisney

Worth a watch

Post by dewaltdisney »

Tom d'Angler (Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:50 am)
dewaltdisney

Worth a watch

Post by dewaltdisney »

Disney + is £4.99 a month with a few ads or £7.99 without. There are so many great series it is worth subscribing to this and dropping Paramount which is struggling for content. Once you have seen all the Taylor Sheridan stuff there is bugger all else on there. Disney has so much :thumbright:

DWD
Tom d'Angler

Worth a watch

Post by Tom d'Angler »

We’re lucky because Mrs d’A’s nephew is happy to share his Disney+ subscription with us.

We also have Paramount, courtesy of Mrs d’A’s dole-scrounging layabout sister, and I feel good about that, as though we are getting some of our tax money back from her.

I feel Disney+ is by far the better and agree that the only stuff worth watching on Paramount is stuff by Taylor Sheridan (apart from his ridiculous “Special Ops: Lioness”).

Our youngest sons shared his Now Sports with us.

The only subscriptions I pay for are Netflix and Amazon Prime.
dewaltdisney

Worth a watch

Post by dewaltdisney »

Try that Renegade Nell, I would like to hear your opinion. Big Sky is a deffo, even Mrs D'a would like it I am sure.

DWD
Tom d'Angler (Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:18 pm)
Tom d'Angler

Worth a watch

Post by Tom d'Angler »

dewaltdisney wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:34 am Try that Renegade Nell
From the trailers I’ve seen it seems a bit like Bridgerton i.e. an interesting plot, some attractive women, and some interesting characters, all rather spoilt by the woke casting. I sort of enjoyed Bridgerton as it was easy, Sunday evening-type watching, so I’ll have a look at Renegade Nell and also Big Sky.
dewaltdisney

Worth a watch

Post by dewaltdisney »

We watched the first episode of Netflix's remake of The Talented Mr Ripley as a series, Ripley. The original film was strangely captivating and we have watched it a few times over the years having been to a number of the filming locations. This version follows the plot but it has a greater depth to the story, given it is a series. It is filmed in black and white which I thought would be a turn off but is actually adds to the atmosphere. Worth a watch.

DWD
Tom d'Angler (Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:52 am)
oz0707

Worth a watch

Post by oz0707 »

Baby reindeer on netflix is a good watch. We have the last ep to finish tonight. Some proper laugh out loud moments early doors. Gets a bit darker as it goes on but still funny.
Tom d'Angler

Worth a watch

Post by Tom d'Angler »

We started watching A Small Light this evening. As time passes, the impact of the Holocaust seems to fade but this drama has reignited the horror for me. I kept thinking what if Ann Frank was my granddaughter…
dewaltdisney

Worth a watch

Post by dewaltdisney »

I think we watched that, it is more Meip Geis's story. The actress who played her was very annoying and her and her screen husband needed a slap.

DWD
Tom d'Angler (Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:14 am)
dewaltdisney

Worth a watch

Post by dewaltdisney »

Not for everyone but I enjoyed Pompeii the new dig. This series is based on a new area of Pompeii being dug out. We visited Pompeii some years ago and due to time constraints we only managed to see part of it. It is an amazing snapshot of time as you get a feel of life back then. This new area dig is facinating and well worth a watch if you have an interest in such things.

DWD
Tom d'Angler (Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:44 am)
dewaltdisney

Worth a watch

Post by dewaltdisney »

We gave BBC Red Eye a shot last night. We ignored the absurd tick box casting and even the dig at white male privilege, the cause of all evils, by an unlikely Chinese detective lead. Even Richard Armitage's overacting and being stupid did not get in the way of what so far is a good drama. It is such a shame that the usual BBC casting agenda got in the way of an otherwise good drama that could have been so much better with real world parallels in the casting. We will watch episode 2 but my feeling is this will descend into farce.

DWD
dewaltdisney

Worth a watch

Post by dewaltdisney »

Mrs D wanted to watch Mildred Pierce on Sky Atlantic, it stars Kate Winslet who for me is a very good actress. It is set in 1930s Hollywood and follows a woman's story as she battles to pull herself up. We are 2 episodes in now and I have to say I am enjoying it. She is never worried about getting them out and this does not disappoint (ep 2) Worth a watch as it s actually a good story well done for TV.

DWD
Tom d'Angler

Worth a watch

Post by Tom d'Angler »

She’s got very nice thruppennies too.
dewaltdisney

Worth a watch

Post by dewaltdisney »

We are following a very funny series on Netflix called Loudermilk. It is set around an unlikely character who is a counsellor for addicts. It is basically a comedy and his acid wit is very amusing see te trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opEzmoBYPNE

DWD
Tom d'Angler (Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:14 am)

Return to “The Lounge”