Wagner 3500 vs a Flexio 590

Painting and decorating, plaster mouldings, Artexing questions

Moderator: Moderators

TheDopeyOne
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Wagner 3500 vs a Flexio 590

Post by TheDopeyOne »

Have a Flexio 590, which I bought for the shed and fences. I know its a DIY sprayer, but have tried with some Ben Moore Advance and some Johnstones Aqua gloss...it will spray both, but the paint has to be thinned to a point that makes spraying with it unpredicatble to say the least.
Looking into the 3500, all the info/youtube videos all stat that it will spray BM neat with very little to no thinning, well most paints in general.

Have 6 rooms to paint, plus stairs+landing and hallway. Also have 12 doors that need glossing. So the cost of the 3500 is more then justified.
But is the 3500 that much of a leap over the 590, which I have to admit is pretty well made, and is able to adjust the air/paint flow.
jaeger

Re: Wagner 3500 vs a Flexio 590

Post by jaeger »

Have you been to the XVLP owners group on facebook, It's a closed group but
you should be able to join.
There's a lot of information on there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/240213506387520/
Desmondo15

Re: Wagner 3500 vs a Flexio 590

Post by Desmondo15 »

I started off with the same sprayer as you and looked at the 3500. I ended up going for the graco ultra.
It took a bit of getting used too, it delivers paint fast and the finish is mint especially with BM Advance.

However if I was doing door frames and skirting etc I'd take a chance on the 3500. It seems more controllable with less overspray. The ultra is like using a chainsaw to slice up a piece of cheese.

My kitchen cabinets came up lovely, took 3 passes to paint, less than 2 secs each pass. (Per 1 coat)

Let us know what it's like if you get one.

Return to “Painting & Decorating Forum”